Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The-book-boy-who-loves-to-read


In a country where every aspects of development is still developing, and a country where book reading is a recent import, I came across a boy who can set example for the masses through his reading habit.
“My first read was Matilda and I finished it within an hour. It is my favorite book too. Usually, my pick for books is based on titles and then I read through the back covers for summaries. Given that the summary is good, I can even read a torn book as well. I have never judged a book by its cover.”
The-book-boy-who-loves-to-read as I would like to call him, I met him, during the very first day at my workplace. A cute looking boy, wearing glasses, gently entered with a book and silently passed by. As we were new to each other, he was a bit hesitant. However, in the following days, he was more used to my presence and opened up little by little. In much later days, I saw a beautiful smile smiling ignorantly whenever he steps inside the library. He definitely is an epitome of inspiration for all the people around him and an amazing work piece created by god. 

 Tenzin Sonam, aged 11 had read more than 300 books so far. He devoured books in such a fascinating manner that I was left dumbstruck with his fondness for books. The topper in English Subject from his class, he is studying in class 6, he said that he can balance his book love and academic work routinely. “First, I finished doing my homework and only and only then, I do what I love to do most. Skipping a page or two is not my way of reading books. I like to brainstorm and re-read thoroughly for the second time. This way, I can understand it more. My favorite authors are Enid Blyton and Roald Dahl as their writing is less complicated and more understandable.” Truth be told, He is a very quick reader, even if he reads two times!!
He was both the inspirer and master for his well developed habit of reading. He opens up saying, ‘I was not inspired by my teachers to read or anyone else. It was me, who felt it deep down the importance of reading. Sadly, my teachers were struck only in the text-books. I asked him if he imagines the description of the places he has never been to before. He replied, ‘I can imagine the story line and all the characters involved but when it comes to places, I can’t quite figure out if it is true or not. I have that kind of doubt. When I read a book time passes just too quickly like in a blink of my eyes.’
Talking to him was a great pleasure for a book lover like me and moreover, an ideal inspirer for every being….

No comments:

Post a Comment