Friday, November 18, 2011

Those attractive pink lips!


The illumination of light from the bulb decorator gave about a good feeling. Like that innumerable pleasures while eating chocolates (yum!) Could tonight be like any other nights? Sure, everywhere it is pitch dark but the lights from houses are winning over the bright stars. Groups here and groups there; in the middle table was sitting a lonely girl. That girl must have been busy because its been sometimes now for she has visited cafés. Usually, she visits after her part-time job because in the morning she attends college. She visits often to various cafés to meet her friend. Her friend: A Cup of Cappuccino that smiles back. Her eyes are showing sadness and madness tonight. The air was brushing her messy hair. She works too much.The waiter is now, coming her way. Thin and tall with black eyes; he might have been wearing lenses because his eyes was shining like a gem. And, his lips. What happened to it? Was he wearing a pink lipstick?


‘What can I get for you?’ said the waiter.
‘A cup of smiling cappuccino would be perfect.’
The waiter must have looked familiar to her. A little wrinkle has formed on her forehead and her index finger is on her lips; one of her common action. She is thinking hard.
‘Hey, excuse me for a minute.’
‘Me? Am I the one miss, you are calling to?’
‘Yeah,’ she said with an immediate nod.
He came by walking step by step like he was dancing on Jackson’s moonwalk.
‘You look like a friend of friends. By any chance, do you know Ayushman, Chintan and Mohan; because I know them pretty well, I am a friend.’
‘Indeed, I know them. They are my friends. Hello, I am Raj.’
‘Hello Raj. It’s me Nikki.’  

A little silence followed by. The air was playing with her hair again.

‘Something is bothering me. Can I ask you something, personal?
‘Go on. I am all ears.’
‘Do you wear pink lipstick for god forsaken chance?’
‘No. No-its natural pink. Everyone asks me that, even my sister.’
‘Again, my bad. Did you have something? I smell something.’
‘Haha….you sure have a sensible nose too. I drank a glass of that.’

He got called by his manager. It seemed like the customers are queuing up a little.
‘Excuse me for a while. I will join you later’, said the boy who is the waiter and Raj.

Another waiter came by to serve her cappuccino-friend. The cappuccino is now losing its smile by and by, giving it to the girl, she looked relax and freshened up. The waiter who is Raj, the one she knew today stopped by. Then ‘Who wants to be a millionaire?’ began between them.

‘Why do you drink? I heard people drink to cherish their mood. Were you emotionally hurt tonight?’ said the now smiling girl, who was sad and mad before.
‘I am personally not into drinking much. Its just that sometimes, Ayushman and Mohan wants me to-to enjoy friendship and brotherhood. In such times, it is hard to say no. The after feeling I get after drinking is quite wonderful; pleasure is what I feel. I never lie when I am drunk or I say facts only. Not junkies.’
‘Do you drink beer?’
‘No, we don’t. Mostly, it is local brew, rum or brandy. I don’t open up to strangers regarding all that.’
‘Am I not a stranger? Only tonight you know me as Nikki and I know you are Raj.’
‘Still, I say such briefing only to someone who is near. Whatever, I am going to tell tonight stays between us. Okay?’
‘I am always good with words. My mouth stitches well. Believe me.’

He kept talking and talking. He shared personal emotions and feelings. They chatted for like half an hour. Because it was getting darker, she continually was checking her watch and it looked like she would have her house curfew in a while.
At last, they handshake goodbye. Usually, she doesn’t have the norm to shake hands especially with boys. His hands might have been warmer, her face totally glowed up.
She said, ‘Your hands are lot like that of girls. See mine are like boys.’
‘Ooh, don’t think in that way, okay?’
She shook again because she might have felt like shaking. They exchanged nights! He stayed there and she left with the stolen smile from her friend.



1 comment: